Code of Conduct - Players
Participation in CHA is subject to all members obeying the Code of Conduct Rules set forth for all Players, Parents and Coaches...
Chesterfield Hockey Association is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. This organization is a private club governed by nine Directors (herein, The Board). As a private club, your affiliation is subject to adhering to the Code of Conduct Rules which the Board has set out for all parents, coaches and players. You should be familiar with the Code of Conduct rules for players, parents or coaches. Failure to adhere to these rules will, at the discretion of the Board, result in the scheduling of a mandatory disciplinary hearing in front of the Board. Rulings made at this hearing, failure to appear at a hearing and/or a repeat offense may result in you and/or your child being removed from participating in this club.
ZERO TOLERANCE: Any player, parent or coach who conducts themselves in a manner found to be detrimental to the welfare of this club may be removed from participating in this club temporarily or permanently.
While our Code of Conduct is very specific in its terms, the principals that we govern by in our program are as follows:
- Play for FUN. Tell your coach and parents if hockey stops being fun.
- Work hard to improve your skills.
- Be a team player-get along with your teammates.
- Treat coaches, other players, official, fans and your teammates with respect regardless of race, sex, religion or hockey abilities
- Learn teamwork, sportsmanship and discipline.
- Be on time for practice and games.
- Practice and play games with energy and enthusiasm but never in a dirty, reckless or dangerous manner
- Learn the rules and play by them. Always be a good sport win or lose
- Respect your coach, your teammates, your parents, and your opponents.
- Never argue with an officials decision.
- Accept full responsibility for your actions--both on and off the ice
- REMEMBER THAT PLAYING HOCKEY AT CHESTERFIELD IS A PRIVILEGE