How To: Schedule League Home Games (Missouri Hockey League Teams)
Step 1: Go to the MO Hockey Youth Division Website
This will open in a new tab so that you can reference this tutorial while completing your task on the MO Hockey YD website.
Step 2: Find Your Team Page
On the MO Hockey Youth Division website:
- Go to "Clubs" in the main navigation
- Then find "Chesterfield Hockey"
- Then find your team page and visit it.
Step 3: Viewing Your Team Page
As a team manager, with admin rights to your team page on the Missouri Hockey Youth Division website, you will have access to the following information in the left navigation (You must be an admin to see some of this).
- Home Tab -Takes you to the homepage of your team page - what you are on right now.
- Roster Tab - Ignore it - we are not adding roster data to the Missouri Hockey Youth Division team pages. It's just part of the out of the box functionality that can not be turned off.
- Games Tab - This is where you will do the bulk of your work on the Missouri Hockey Youth Division website
- Staff Tab - Anyone who has access to your team page on the Missouri Hockey Youth Division website
- Contacts Tab - This is where you can find all the contact information for the other clubs in your skill level division. You will only be able to view your skill level division contact information (for now)
- Family Calendar Button (on team homepage) - Ignore it. It's just part of the out of the box functionality that can not be turned off and is not relevant from a Team Manager role (As a parent though, use the Family Calendar button on the Chesterfield Hockey website)
- Staff Section (below the week calendar on the team homepage) - Just another way of seeing who has admin access to your team webpage on the Missouri Hockey Youth Division website.
Step 4: Scheduling a Home League Game with Missouri Hockey Youth Division
On your team webpage on the Missouri Hockey Youth Division website; select the Games tab in the left navigation and then select the +Game button on the right.
After pressing the +Games button, you will be presented with the screen on the left (shown below). You will have the ability to specify:
- Your Opponent
- Date of the Game
- Time of the Game
- Duration of the Game
- Location of the Game
As a best practice - put your Missouri Hockey Youth Division team page side by side with your Chesterfield Hockey team page; so that you can compare the details.
Note the parts circled in RED - make sure you enter the detail exactly the same in the Missouri Hockey Youth Division team webpage - compared to what you see on your Chesterfield Hockey team webpage calendar.
If you are happy with the details, hit save.
If the details are an exact match; your practice ice slot on the Chesterfield Hockey team webpage calendar will automatically convert to a game - since both websites are on the CrossBar platform (Note - it could take up to 4 hours for this conversion to show up on the Chesterfield Hockey team webpage calendar - just have patience)
If the details were not an exact match (for instance you got the start time wrong - even by a couple minutes) then the game will appear as an additional calendar entry on your Chesterfield Hockey team webpage calendar and it will not convert the original practice to a game. This is why you will need to make sure your details are exactly correct before hitting submit on the Missouri Hockey Youth Division team webpage.