The Lady Falcons program is an All Girls program that is an integrated part of the overall Chesterfield hockey program and works within the Chesterfield Hockey development model; focusing on edge work, skills and hockey concepts. Our Lady Falcons have access to the full resources of the association, including advanced goalie training, while playing as all girls teams.
From our introductory Learn to Skate & Learn to Play programs through 14U, we offer multiple options for female players wishing to play on All-Girls teams. Explore our programs below!
ALL GIRLS HOCKEY
- Girls who play hockey develop general physical fitness by playing a game that’s fun.
- Stress relief:
- Hockey allows girls to clear their minds of academic and social pressures, to literally skate off tension that’s accumulated in their muscles.
- Hockey gives girls a satisfying, enjoyable way to develop their talents and skills.
- Healthy habits:
- Hockey increases an awareness of how physical and mental effort needs to be supported by proper eating and hydration habits.
- Reduces body fat
- Playing hockey is a fun and effective way of burning off calories.
- Cardiovascular system:
- The sustained energy and muscular strength required in a hockey helps develop fitness and endurance.
- Muscle strength:
- Playing hockey is a great way of developing your body’s leg muscles, including the hamstring, hips and calves. It also improves the endurance of shoulder muscles, triceps and forearms.
- Coordination skills:
- Hockey relies on good coordination between the eyes and the hands and improves the reflexes and reaction times of its players.
- Valuing preparation:
- Hockey helps girls learn to prepare there mind and bodies for games and practices.
- Hockey provides an unparalleled model for dealing with challenge and disappointment.
- Attitude control:
- Girls learn that a having a confident attitude improves their performance, and that they have significant control over their attitude.
- Leadership opportunities:
- Team hockey offers girls a rare opportunity to serve others as leaders.
- Identity and balance:
- Being part of a group is inordinately important to girls, and hockey makes girls feel like they belong.
- Time management:
- Young athletes learn to manage their time productively balancing hockey practices, games fitness, school and other life responsibilities.
- Long-term thinking:
- Hockey players and other athletes often learn the fundamental lesson of sacrificing immediate gratification for long-term gain. This is the basis for personal success as well as for life in general, and perhaps in ones life, no lesson can be more valuable.
WHAT OUR CURRENT FAMILIES SAY
Since joining the Lady Falcons in 2019, our daughter has grown to love hockey even more. The friendships they have forged on and off ice have been a great influence.The Proetz Family
The Lady Falcons epitomize what girls hockey can and should be through commitment from the club, great coaching and families, and accountability both to and from the players.The Smith Family
Our daughter absolutely loves the Lady Falcons program. The friendships created, on and off the ice, has been a positive experience with this program. The coaches are enthusiastic and keep the game fun while developing the children. Whether our daughter is doing skating drills, scrimmages, or games, one thing that is always there is the smile on her face while she is on the ice with her Lady Falcons!The Beck Family
The Lady Falcons program has exceeded our expectations in all avenues. Our daughter, who is a multi-sport athlete, is the happiest when she can don the Lady Falcons uniform. This program has helped her confidence, discipline and her self value. Our fellow parents, faculty, staff and the facility are all the best that we could have hoped for. Going into our 3rd year with this program and witnessing the growth of all the players and the ties to each other is a wonderful experience.The Bowen Family
Our 3 daughters have found a hockey home in the Lady Falcons program. Through a supportive club and great coaching all 3 are developing as players, having fun, and making great friends.The Hawver Family
Both of our daughters have been Lady Falcons for the past 2 seasons and love it. The girls that they have met on the ice have become their best friends. We all look forward to being at the rink, watching the girls grow in their friendships and in their love of hockey. It's been a positive experience for our entire family!The Seeger Family
Our daughter has flourished in the Lady Falcons program. It is the perfect balance of personal, skill and team development. She has made wonderful friendships while improving her skills and increasing her love for the game!The O'Connell Family
If at any time should you have ANY questions, please reach out to our "Lady Falcons Coordinator" - Greg Long as well as our "Communications Director & Club Secretary" - Greg Papuga - via email or reach out to us via our social media channels. We are more than willing to talk to you.
Check Back Later...
We are not currently accepting registrations for this program.