Chesterfield Hockey Association is a volunteer organization dedicated to introducing youth to the world of ice hockey and providing them with opportunities to grow as both a player and an individual. Both on the ice and off the ice. Without the dedication of parents like you, we would not be able to provide the experience our kids will remember for a lifetime.
Every member will be asked to donate 4 hours of their time (per family) this season to help with a club level activity. Volunteer opportunities will be made available throughout the season. For families with multiple children playing with the Chesterfield Hockey Association, we will only require a volunteer commitment based on one child..
By agreeing to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours, you not only will help our club function at an efficient level in order to help keep cost down, you will be helping provide an opportunity for kids to grow as individuals.
At the end of the season, any unfulfilled volunteer obligations will be billed accordingly.
Volunteer opportunities will be posted to the club HOMEPAGE throughout the season.
Note: The CrossBar Volunteer system does not automatically detect families with multiple kids. Each kid is treated independently during registration, with the offer of either the buyout or volunteer commitment. As a reminder you are only asked to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per family (not kid). We'll have to manually clean up the profiles of multiple kid families so that only 4 hours appear on your account. That clean up effort won't happen until after the regular season starts for all programs.
How to Sign Up to Volunteer
Volunteer opportunities will be listed on the homepage. To view the details and sign up, follow the steps below.
- Log in into your account on the website. You will find the log in link in the header of the website.
- Click the Account link
- Choose Volunteer from the navigation within your Account panel
- You will see a section called Volunteer Opportunities. Find an opportunity section and click the "More Information" button. At times there might be multiple sections available.
- Review the hours and opportunities available. Sign up for a spot by clicking the green + mark box. If No spots are available, check back later for other opportunities
- If you have multiple adults (such as your spouse) associated with your child's CrossBar profile, choose who will be fulfilling the volunteer opportunity. The 4 hour minimum volunteer commitment is for the family, not individual.
- If you need to cancel your volunteer sign up, you can do by clicking the red - box. If the opportunity is 7 days or less away, it will lock and you will not be able to edit it without the help of an administrator.
Please reach out to Kristin Falk-Miller.