Due to the weather conditions; Learn to Play & Continue to Play classes are cancelled for Friday, February 16th, 2024
Learn to Play & Continue to Play
Hello Parents! Welcome to the Chesterfield Hockey Association! We are a youth ice hockey club located in the Maryville University Hockey Center (which we own & operate) within the Chesterfield valley area. Our programs include All-Girls options (Lady Falcons program) as well as Co-Ed options (boys & girls), and we tailor our programs for all skill-levels (beginners to elite).
If you are reading this page, you probably have a bunch of questions on how to get your daughter or son started in youth hockey. Don’t worry, we’re here to help!
If at any time should you have ANY questions, please reach out to us!
Learn to Play Head Coach
Continue to Play Head Coach
Communications & Lady Falcons - Administrative
Where to Begin
* The steps below will apply to both girls and boys.
STEP #1: Learn to Skate
Before our Falcons can play, they need to learn to fly! Begin with Learn to Skate classes at the Maryville University Hockey Center (or any other facility).
** The button above will take you to the Learn to Skate program information on our rink website. Note: This is a separate program from Learn to Play
STEP #2: Learn to Play
Next, after learning the fundamentals of ice skating (passing at least the Sam 3 or Basic 2 skating classes or equivalents), they are then ready to play! Sign them up for our Learn to Play program!
Information on our Learn to Play program is below
In order to join the Learn to Play program, they will also need a full set of hockey equipment.
Don’t have Equipment? No worries! Through our partnership with the St. Louis Blues, your son & daughter can acquire all of the necessary equipment they need to get started; which you also get to keep! Reach out to us to learn more! email@example.com
STEP #3: Joining a Team
After Learn to Play, she should be ready to join a team. The specific details will depend on their age and current ability. It also is heavily dependent on the time of year, as the team based programs have a short registration window. Please reach out and let's have a 1-1 conversation about next steps for your daughter or son in their hockey adventure!
Details about the Learn to Play Program
- All new participants: Including those coming from a St. Louis Blues Youth Hockey program - will start in Learn to Play.
- Existing participants: Players will be informed by our staff when they have gained the sufficient level of knowledge and skill to progress to the Continue to Play level.
- Genders: Open to both Boys & Girls
- Skating Ability: Participants must know how to skate. We ask that they have passed at least a Sam 3 level class in a Learn to Skate program (or equivalent)
- Required Gear: Full hockey gear is required. We do not provide any of it.
- Jersey: Upon their first class - we will provide them a jersey
- Note: This is an individual development program. This is not a team program. This is not the program for those who have already played a season on a team within the Chesterfield Hockey Association (reach out to us for help in choosing an appropriate program)
Class Dates, Times & Cost
- Fridays: January 19th through February 28th. (No class on February 9).
- Both classes: meet from 7:30-8:10pm (Be ready 10 minutes before each class)
- Cost: $90
Directions to Maryville University Hockey Center
Chesterfield, MO 63005
Directly behind the Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel
- For Learn to Play participants: Use the registration button below. All new players, including those from the St. Louis Blues Youth Hockey programs will start in the Learn to Play program.
- For Continue to Play participants: They must have permission to sign up for this level, having demonstrated a sufficient level of skill and progression.We will give you a special registration link that allows you to register. (Do not use the registration button below.) Please reach out to Coach Parsons to discuss.
Winter Session #2 - 2024